Portable Appliance Testing,We provide, Portable Appliance Electrical Safety Testing & Tagging [In accordance with AS NZS 3760].
That machine sitting on your bench may not be safe? Have one of our experienced techs come on-site and ensure that all your equipment is and tested to AS/NZS 3760 standards as required by NZ law to minimize the possibility of injury and fire on commercial premises.
Did you know?• Testing & Tagging is compulsory for businesses in NZ
• Safety testing & tagging of your electrical appliances to AS/NZS3760 means you are taking important steps to for Safety in your workplace.
• You are providing yourself with a defense against prosecution in the event of an accident to staff or the public.
• OSH uses the AS/NZS 3760 standard as the main measure of safety compliance to minimize the possibility of portable electrical appliances causing injury, death or fire.
• You will be complying with most insurance policies regarding reasonable care.
• All Appliances & leads which use a plug to connect to the mains power 230 volt supply should be tested & tagged.
• In particular all extension leads, printers, faxes, copiers, toasters, electric jugs & microwaves
If your portable appliance are not tested to AS/NZS3760 standard.• An accident with an un-tagged appliance could result in prosecution by OSH.
• Penalties can be harsh. Fines up to $500,000 & up to 2 years imprisonment
• Besides prosecuting the business they are also likely to prosecute individuals
• Your staff, clients and competitors will know that your business is non compliant.
• A fire Insurance cover or claim may be affected or even denied.
We have qualified staff & specialized equipment to carry out
testing & tagging at your place or ours